Caprylex by Douglas Laboratories contains acids and minerals that support healthy digestive function and exhibits anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties that helps to improve digestion and promote healthy intestinal flora.
Health Benefits of Caprylex
- Contains Anti Bacterial, Anti Viral and Anti Fungal Properties
- Reduces Abdominal Bloating Related to Yeast Overgrowth
- Assists in Restoring Healthy Bacterial Balance in the Digestive System
- Supports Digestive Detoxification & Hormonal Health
- Supports a Healthy Microflora Balance in the Intestines and Inhibits Candida Growth
- Assists in Blood Sugar Balance and Cravings
- Does not Adversely Affect the Growth of Beneficial Intestinal Bacteria
- Helps to Calm Gut Inflammation
Each tablet provides 400 mg of a buffered calcium-magnesium caprylate complex, equivalent to 300 mg of caprylic acid. Caprylex is specially formulated to provide timed, controlled release of caprylic acid throughout the small and large intestine.
Caprylic acid is a natural dietary fatty acid which helps maintain a normal intestinal microflora. Studies have shown that dietary caprylic acid helps inhibit the growth of Candida albicans and other opportunistic fungi in both the small and large intestine. At the same time, caprylic acid does not adversely affect the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria.
One of the most popular uses for caprylic acid is preventing the overgrowth of yeast-like fungus that can live and grow in your intestines.
In healthy people, the intestinal microflora consists of balanced amounts of symbiotic microorganisms, providing nutritional benefits to the host. This balance depends on our dietary habits and can easily be disturbed by unhealthy diets or drugs, such as antibiotics and oral contraceptives. Under these conditions, opportunistic pathogenic microorganisms, such as the fungus Candida albicans, can colonize the small and large intestine.Suggested Use: Adults take two tablets daily on an empty stomach at least one half hour before meals, or as directed by a health care professional.