Adrenal Cortex tissue provides focused support for the adrenal glands, provides instant energy and is great for those who are tired or fatigued in the afternoon.
- Helps to support healthy energy levels
- Supports healthy sex hormone function
- Supports healthy cortisol levels
- Helps to maintain balance for many body functions
- Helps to support a healthy stress response
- Helps to support a healthy immune system
- Helps relieve fatigue, muscle and joint pain
- Helps maintain the body's normal immune and stress responses
The body is designed to handle the normal stresses of day-to-day life‚ unfortunately many people are chronically stressed due to family and work obligations as well as poor dietary habits such as caffeine and processed sugars, these factors plus lack of exercise and rest intensify the stress. It is a viscous cycle that is very hard to overcome without nutritional supplementation. Our adrenals are forced to work overtime and they end up becoming fatigued.
Cortisol is one of two main hormones produced by the adrenal glands and it is necessary and beneficial to the body to handle long-term stress. When the adrenals are fatigued, they do not produce adequate levels of cortisol to deal with the stress. When the body doesn't product enough cortisol, you will begin to experience symptoms such as sleeplessness, joint pain, muscle fatigue, low blood pressure, breathing difficulties, mood swings, lack of energy, brain fog, dry skin, dark circles under the eyes, low blood sugar, food cravings, low sex drive, lowered immunity, and the list goes on...:(
Adrenal Cortex by Essential Therapeutics was specifically designed to provide you with adrenal cortex tissue to help support normal adrenal function. If you are experiencing the classic symptoms of adrenal insufficiency consider getting tested for low cortisol levels. The sooner you know if your adrenals are malfunctioning, the sooner you can make an action plan, the sooner you will feel better!
Adrenal Cortex glandular concentrate contains the outer cortex section of bovine adrenal gland obtained from countries recognized to be BSE-free. The extract is lyophilized (freeze dried) to preserve biological activity.
Adrenal Cortex extracts are used to replenish and eventually normalize adrenal function. An advantage over cortisol hormone replacement is adrenal cortical extracts can be discontinued once they have done their job of normalizing adrenal function.
Does NOT contain: Sugar, Starch, Preservatives, Artificial Colors or Flavorings, Corn, Wheat, Yeast, Soy, or Milk Derivatives, Toxin, Growth Hormones, Pesticides, Antibiotics, or Chemical Additives.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, 1 capsule daily with a meal, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Higher doses should be taken only under the guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
How do I know when my adrenals are working properly again?
By following these simple self testing methods you will understand how and when your adrenals are functioning properly.
- Ragland’s Sign - an abnormal drop in systolic blood pressure when a person arises from lying to a standing position. There should be a rise of 8-10 mm in the systolic number. A drop in systolic blood pressure indicates adrenal insufficiency.
- Pupil Dilation Exam - To test for this reflex you’ll need a flashlight and a mirror. Face the mirror and shine the light into one eye. If, after 30 seconds, the pupil starts to dilate, adrenal deficiency should be suspected. The hormone epinephrine is released under stress and causes dilation of the pupils. During adrenal insufficiency there is a deficiency of sodium and an abundance of potassium. This imbalance of potassium causes the inhibition of the sphincter muscles of the eye. These muscles normally initiate pupil constriction. Normally the pupils will constrict in the presence of bright light. However, when there is a sodium deficiency (adrenal insufficiency) the pupils actually dilate (get larger) when exposed to light.
- Rogoff’s Sign - A definite tenderness in the lower thoracic (mid back) spine where the ribs attach.
Adrenal Gland Fatigue/Exhaustion, What Happens?
The adrenal glands sit atop the kidneys and secrete a variety of hormones including adrenaline, male sex hormones, and cortisol, a hormone produced in response to stress. Two well-known adrenal gland disorders are Cushing's Syndrome, marked by excessive hormonal production and Addison's disease, marked by adrenal deficiency.
The majority of patients seen for chronic illnesses, including FMS and CFS, are suffering from adrenal exhaustion. They have literally burned their stress-monitoring organ out. Between years of poor sleep, unrelenting fatigue, chronic pain, excessive stimulants, poor diet, and relying on a plethora of prescription medications, the adrenal glands, and the hormones they release, have been used up.
Once adrenal exhaustion sets in, it’s not long before the body begins to breakdown. Getting “stressed out” and staying “stressed out” is the beginning of chronic illness for most, if not all of, the FMS and CFS patients. Fortunately, with the right supplementation we can address all of these challenges.